Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security for your account when logging in.
To enable two-factor authentication on your profile.
- 1.Click on your profile in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click on Profile Settings
3. Click on two-factor authentication from the menu on the left
3. You’ll need an app on your phone like Google Authenticator, Authy, or any other authenticator that can scan the QR code and give you a 6-digit 2FA code in return. You then type the code into the input field, and click "Verify and see recovery codes".
4. Recovery codes are used to access your account in case you can't access it with your authenticator app (for example, if you have lost your phone). Each code can only be used once. Save your 2FA recovery codes in a safe place, like a password manager app.
Once you’ve set up 2FA on your account, it’s really important to not delete the entry for Open Collective in your authenticator app.