Using funds from your collective’s budget to pay expenses is simple:
- 3.Next, a member of OC Europe's team reviews and approves the expense. This is done to ensure the expense meets requirements, e.g., having a valid receipt.
Expenses are processed and paid out by Open Collective Europe twice per week (on Mondays and Thursdays).
If you have any issues with a specific expense, the best way to get an answer is to post a comment on that expense page.
- Invoices are used to pay people for work or their services.
- When someone uses an invoice, they are treated as an independent contractor. The independent contractor must upload an additional invoice including:
- Full identification (name, address, tax/company number)
- Nature of the service
- Tax rate (if tax rate is 0%, please explain why on the invoice)
- Reimbursements are used to pay people (often volunteers) back when they have made purchases for the group.
- Receipts are required so that we can ensure the requested amount matches the purchased amount in order to approve the reimbursement.
- For a receipt to be approved by our team it must:
- include an amount equal to the amount requested
- include the identification of the vendor (name, address,...)
- include the nature of the expense
- include tax information (VAT rate)
Open Collective Europe provides virtual cards to Collectives on request. Virtual cards act like credit cards and allow you to pay for expenses online using your Collective's balance.